On June 9, 2022, the Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation launched an electronic procurement (e-procurement) system for all Open Call for Bids to be issued through the MERX website. These opportunities can be found at https://www.merx.com/govnl/nlliquorcorp. The online system offers suppliers the following benefits:
- View notices and documents in one place.
- Receive email notifications of matched opportunities, amendments, bid results and awards.
- Submit your bids online through the electronic bid submission process.
- Ask your questions directly to the procurement specialist or buyer responsible for the solicitation through our Q & A feature.
- Watch the countdown clock during your online bid submission.
- Track bid progress and history.
- Free online tutorials are also available at www.merx.com/public/Help.
Subscription is FREE when registering for Government of Newfoundland and Labrador opportunities.
If you are currently not a subscriber, we encourage you to register on the MERX system, by visiting www.merx.com. Be sure to select The Pay-As-You-Go Free Package. MERX can also be contacted by phone at 1-800-964-6379 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. NT and 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. in Labrador). MERX personnel will assist suppliers with setting up their profile and opportunity matching.
NLC purchases its products and services in a competitive and cost efficient manner, consistent with good business practices and within the legislation of the Public Tender Act. NLC uses effective procurement practices, systems and processes and maintains the highest business standards. NLC promotes and practices a total value analysis in the evaluation of bids that considers such factors as safety, cost, quality, service, delivery, environmental, and innovation.
Supply Chain Management is the primary point of contact for all suppliers. The department will source, approve, develop and monitor all suppliers utilized.
The following is a list of bid and tender opportunities. Each bid document provides the closing time and submission instructions. The bid document is the official document. Sometimes the information provided on this website may be different than the information on the bid document. In all cases, the information on the bid document will prevail.
NLC collects bidder information to distribute opportunity documents and advise bidders of relevant addendums issued or opportunities cancelled.